Congratulations to West Green Surgery, who have been short listed in two categories for the prestigious Health Service Journal (HSJ) Value in Healthcare Awards.
The Haringey practice has been short listed for both the Communications and Medicine Management categories.
The HSJ Value in Healthcare Awards recognises and rewards outstanding efficiency and improvement by the NHS. The awards continue to recognise excellent use of resources. But they also seek out examples of demonstrable improvement in outcomes, both within back office functions and clinical initiatives.
West Green Surgery are HSJ finalists in the Communication category for their innovative use of IT and complex care plans for long term conditions. They have shown evidence of improving communication with patients by:
- Using innovative approaches to communicating with ‘hard to reach’ groups
- Developing a series of clear messages, and tailoring them for different stakeholder groups
- Using a variety of communication
They are also HSJ finalists in the Pharmacy and Medicines Optimisation category for their effective use of antibiotics. They have shown evidence of:
- Support to help patients better understand their medications, and how best to take them
- Effective use of IT to support better value in pharmacy and medicines
- Demonstrable improvements in value through pharmacy or medicines optimisation
Click here for more information about the HSJ finalists. The winners will be announced at an award ceremony on Tuesday 24 May in Manchester.