Haringey Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has produced its first Equality Diversity and Human Rights Strategy, which sets out, along with our action plan, the CCG's approach to promoting equality and diversity. Building on this, the CCG would like feedback on how the five proposed objectives of the strategy should be prioritised.
The five draft objectives for 2013-14 are:
- Introduce robust governance structures and the Equality Delivery System equality assurance framework
- Build strong relationships with diverse groups and communities to understand their needs, priorities and experiences.
- Commission targeted prevention, early intervention and self-management programmes
- Improve access and provide a patient centred approach to delivering primary and community services
- Develop an inclusive working culture which values diversity and supports staff to feel confident to challenge any harassment, bullying or perceived victimisation
More details on the associated outcomes, actions and measures of success for each proposed objective are contained on pages 16-22 of the strategy document.
We would welcome feedback on the order in which you think these proposed objectives should be prioritised, and any other additional comments. The fifth objective (about developing an inclusive working culture which values diversity) is essentially an internal one which the CCG is already committed to taking forward, so please focus on the first four.
Responses should be sent by 11 February 2013 to Steve Beeho, either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Head of System Support
Haringey Borough Office
NHS North Central London
River Park House
4th Floor, 225 High Rd
London N22 8HQ
Alternatively, if it would be more convenient to provide feedback by telephone, please call Steve Beeho on 020 8489 8407.
The CCG will also be inviting stakeholders to grade our Equality Delivery System performance over the past 12 months.