Haringey Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is responsible for planning and buying (commissioning) healthcare services for Haringey residents.
Contracts for three of our community services are coming to an end this year. This means that we need to find organisations to bid to provide these services for the future. We are looking for patients and carers to help us with this process.
Community services are services that your GP can refer you to for diagnosis and treatment for certain conditions. Community services offer patients the opportunity to be seen near to where they live in health centres or GP practices, reducing the need for people to go to hospital.
The three community services that we will be tendering for are:
- Ear Nose & Throat (ENT)
The new services need to be in place by October 2017.
The successful patient representatives will be part of an ‘evaluation panel’ which will include officers from Haringey CCG and a local GP.
As a member of the panel, you will need to read the documents submitted by the organisations that outline how they want to provide the services. You will need to give your views on these documents and score them. The panel will also hear presentations from the shortlisted providers about their proposals for the services.
You will be given all the training and support that you need to take part in the panel.
You will need to be able to:
- Attend a meeting to hear about the procurement and what’s happening and why, as well as receive training and support on how to take part in the procurement – approximately 3 hours.
- Attend a meeting to evaluate service specific questions – approximately 3 hours.
- Read the documents sent by the organisations and score them – approximately 3 hours.
- Attend a meeting to meet the bidders and hear short presentations - the time needed will depend on the number of organisations that submit bids. Likely to be 3 hours.
- Attend a post-evaluation panel meeting to agree who the successful organisation will be – approximately 1 hour.
These meetings will all take place between mid-June and end of July and are likely to be held Monday to Friday, within the working day. Exact dates will be confirmed as soon as possible.
Out of pocket expenses
Travel expenses to meetings will be covered in line with the CCG's patient involvement expenses policy. If you need carer cover in order to be able to participate, this will also be considered in line with the CCG's policy.
What we are looking for
If you are interested in being involved, you will need to:
- Be a Haringey resident or registered with a Haringey GP, or have some caring responsibilities for someone who is a Haringey resident or registered with a Haringey GP.
- Be able to meet the time commitment needed and attend the evaluation panel meetings and training.
- It would be helpful if you had some experience or knowledge of using a community service in Haringey – whether yourself, a family member or someone else you care for – although this isn’t essential.
How to apply
If you would like any further information or you would be interested in being involved, please email email@example.com or call 020 8888 0579.
Deadline: Friday 5th May 2017