Engagement is important to us
We want to focus on promoting wellbeing and preventing ill health. To do this, we need to work with patients, carers, local people, voluntary and community groups and other agencies and together build healthier communities which have strong networks, friendships and trust.
We want to deliver high quality and safe services that meet the needs of Haringey people. There have been examples of where things have gone badly wrong in the health service which might have been avoided if the organisations had listened to, and then acted upon, the views of patients and carers and their friends and families.
There is a need to make changes in the health service to meet the needs of an ageing population and the increasing number of people living with long term conditions, such as diabetes and asthma. We need partnership with patients and carers to help to create effective service change.
The CCG wants to make real and sustainable improvements in the health and wellbeing of the people of Haringey. Effective engagement will help us to improve health outcomes as well as make the best use of public resources. We need to continue to work with patients, carers and the public to listen to their views and to involve them in decisions about commissioning and developing and improving health services.
Find out more
- Read our Engagement Strategy. Our strategy sets out our aspirations for engagement and outlines some of the things we have done in the last year to engage and involve people in Haringey.
- Find out how you can get involved and give your comments on local services
- Read more about the CCG's engagement network, which is a part of our Engagement Strategy.
- Read about the CCG's insight and learning programme - the many ways in which we are capturing people's views and using them to improve the quality of services.
Reporting on how we are achieving our statutory duties
Every year in September, CCGs have to submit a report to NHS England which shows how we are meeting our statutory duties around patient and public engagement and involvement. These reports are assessed by NHS England as part of their assurance process of all CCGs. Our reports from 2014-15 and 2015-16 are available in the downloads section on the right hand side of the page.
Following submission of the 2014-15 report, Haringey CCG received full assurance from NHS England in this area, stating: “Our assessment of Haringey CCG’s delivery of its statutory obligations is consistent with an assurance level for patient and public participation activity of ‘assured as good’.” We received feedback from NHS England on our 2015-16 report in January 2017: “Our assessment of Haringey CCG’s delivery of its statutory obligations for the collective duty to involve is ‘Outstanding’. Our assessment of the individual duty is ‘Good’.”
Our next report for 2016-17 will be submitted to NHS England at the end of September 2017.
Feedback from our public meetings
- Feedback from our public meetings in 2018
- Feedback from our public meetings in 2017
- Feedback from our public meetings in 2016
- Feedback from our public meetings in 2015
- Feedback from our public meetings in 2014
- Feedback from our public meetings in 2013
Feedback from our stakeholder events
- Feedback from our annual stakeholder event in October 2015
- Feedback from our annual stakeholder event in October 2014
Stakeholder survey results
Find out more about the CCG's annual stakeholder survey results.