Your choices in the NHS
Did you know that in many cases you have the legal right to choose where you have your NHS treatment? The NHS is offering more and more options to enable you to make choices that best suit your circumstances, giving you greater control of your care – and hopefully better results.
You can view what choices are currently available to NHS patients on the NHS website.
The NHS website will also highlight whenever you have choices in the NHS. For example, find out more about:
- Choice of GP
- Choosing a hospital or consultant
- Choosing a mental health service
- Choices in maternity services
- Choices in end of life care
- The NHS Choice Framework – what choices are available?
- Patient Choice Leaflet
- Easy Read leaflets - choices