Healthy Haringey - Activities
There are so many different activities you can take part in if you live in Haringey. Here are links to just a few of them:
- Haringey leisure centres - find your nearest or check out the range of activities for all ages that they offer.
- Activities for older people
- Sport for people with disabilities
- Walk, run and cycle in Haringey
For more activities near you, use the Get Active Activity Finder.
Mind in Haringey has launched a new cycling club. Sessions are run on a Friday afternoon from 12.30 until 2.30 and are for anyone who would like to become more confident at riding a bike.
Free health walks in Haringey
Want to meet new people and make friends? Why not try one of the many walking groups across the Haringey. All walks last approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
Free Tai Chi and stretching classes
- Wednesdays and Thursdays, 11.30am - 12.30pm, Coombes Croft Library, Tottenham
- Mondays, 11am - 12pm, Hornsey Library, Haringey Park
Please click on the links above for full details.
Active for Life
'Active for Life' is a partnership between the NHS and Haringey Council and is a programme designed to help people to become more physically active. If you have any of the following conditions you may be eligible to join the scheme:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Very overweight
- Heart disease
- Mental health problems
Find out more here.